We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Most families take the time to choose a baby's name because they want it to match their personality. Although personal tastes prevail, it is not easy to resist the influence of trends, that is why everyone wants a fashion name for your child.
We know the trends in names in Colombia for this year 2015. Colombian families continue to bet on traditional names and with a clear preference for compound names, which are a safe bet. These are the most popular boy names in Colombia.
1. Juan David. This compound name is of Hebrew origin. One of the most frequent names in the world, Juan, joins David, which means 'the one who is loved'. The result is an original and fresh combination.
2. Santiago. The name is of Hebrew origin and means 'God will reward'. It is a traditional name with an unusual force that always keeps it current, oblivious to fashions and trends.
3. Andrés Felipe. It is a compound name of Greek origin where Andrés means 'brave' and Felipe 'he who loves horses'. If it has become one of the most popular names, it is because it gives off energy and vitality.
4. Nicolas. This name is of Greek origin and means 'people's victory'. It is an old name but it has not been widely used, so it maintains all its freshness and originality.
5. Juan Diego. It is a compound name of Hebrew origin. Again Juan joins a name that means 'held by the heel' and that it is actually a variant of Jacob. One of the most distinguished combinations in names for children.
6. Juan Esteban. The Hebrew origin of John joins the Greek origin of Stephen, which means 'the crowned'. It is a traditional compound name that rarely makes it to the top of the frequent name lists.
7. Alexander. It is the English variant of a name of Greek origin, Alexander, and has a meaning of 'he who protects men'. It is one of the strongest and most attractive names for children and its popularity is observed throughout the world.
8. Samuel. This name has a Hebrew origin and a meaning of 'to whom God listens'. It is typically a biblical name with a great personality, capable of staying current at all times.
9. Carlos Andrés. This compound name is formed by a name of Germanic origin that means 'strong man' as is Carlos and a classic name of Greek origin such as Andrés. We like it because the result is most elegant.
10. Daniel. The name has a Hebrew origin and means 'righteousness of God'. It is a safe bet for any child because it sounds very familiar and is full of charisma.
Laura Velez. Editor of our site
You can read more articles similar to Most popular boy names for 2015 in Colombia, in the category of Names for boys on site.